Bob Dieter has more than forty years’ experience serving individual, corporate and government clients in strategic planning, management and in dispute prevention and resolution.
Bob completed undergraduate studies at Northern Iowa and earned a Juris Doctor degree with distinction from the University of Iowa College Of Law in 1974. Bob served four years in the US Army Security Agency in communications intelligence as a language specialist.
Bob was a partner in a Cedar Falls law firm from 1976 until withdrawal in 2006 to become General Counsel for Cedar Falls Utilities. He has been engaged in consulting to business, organizations and government agencies since 2013.
Professional Career Experience:
- Employment law
- before Cedar Falls and Waterloo Human Rights Commissions,
- Iowa Department of Human Rights
- Iowa District Court trials to Court and Jury
- Hearing Counsel for Waterloo Civil Service Commission and Area Education Agency.
- Complex real estate and business transactions, land use, zoning, platting, environmental and municipal compliance.
- Planning and chartering business and not for profit corporations, limited companies and partnerships, business agreements and articles of governance
- Mediator experience in commercial, property, injury and domestic cases
- Adjunct Instructor UNI (Business Law)
- Member Iowa State Bar Association,
- Past President Black Hawk County Bar Association, Past Chairman Ethics and Grievance Committee, Past Chairman Fee Arbitration Committee
- AV Peer Review.
- Cedar Falls Community Foundation, past president
- Cedar Falls Rotary Club, past president
- St Patrick Board of Education, past president
- “Forward in Faith” church development campaign, co-chair
- UNI Alumni Association, past president
- Arcturus Club, past president
- Amvets, life member
- UNI Presidents Club,
- Friends of the Gallagher Bluedorn Performing Art Center, Secretary and Treasurer
“To be trusted by individuals and families with their important matters and to provide professional assistance to help them has been my greatest privilege.”
Bob Dieter Associates, PLC